Recipe by the Sabrosa Gourmet Sisters
For the Crust:
- 1 envelope yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Sabrosa Gourmet Manzanilla Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp Sabrosa Guerande Grey Sea Salt
For the Filling:
- 12 slices mozzarella
- 1 can (28 oz.) plum tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Sabrosa Italian Seasoning Salt
- Mushrooms, onions, peppers and pepperoni or sausage as desired
- Rub the bottom and sides of a 10″ spring form pan with Sabrosa Gourmet Manzanilla Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water, add 1/2 of the flour and the salt
and beat on medium speed of an electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add the
Sabrosa Gourmet Manzanilla Extra Virgin Olive Oil and as much of the remaining flour as you can
work in. Knead until the dough is easy to handle. Form into a ball and place
in an oiled bowl. Cover with a towel and allow the dough to rise for about 1
hour. Punch down and let rise for another 15-20 minutes. Transfer to the
spring form pan. Work the dough around the bottom and well up the sides of
the pan. Allow the dough to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Line the top of the crust with 12 slices of mozzarella cheese. Break the
drained plum tomatoes into small pieces and spread on top of the cheese. At
this point layer in the pepperoni or sausage if you are using either of
these ingredients. Top with 1/4 cup parmesan and sprinkle liberally with
Sabrosa Italian Seasoning Salt.
- Bake at 450°F for 35 minutes. In the last 15 minutes add mushrooms, onions and/or peppers, if desired.
Allow the pizza to rest for 5-10 minutes before removing the sides of the spring
form pan and serving.