Recipe by the Sabrosa Gourmet Sisters
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Sabrosa Gourmet Manzanilla Extra Virgina Olive Oil
- 1 leek finely diced or 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp Sabrosa Everything Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz whole wheat elbow macaroni
Bring the chicken broth to a simmer, add the chicken breast. Simmer until the chicken is tender and there is no trace of pink, about 15 minutes.
Let the chicken cool, cut into cubes and set aside.
In a large saucepan heat the olive oil, add the leeks, ginger, bell pepper, garlic, 1tbsp cilantro, Sabrosa Everything Salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add carrots, celery and chicken broth, simmer until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken cubes and the elbow macaroni and simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the remaining tbsp cilantro and more Sabrosa Everything Salt and pepper if needed.